Monday, May 30, 2011

?If I Just Would Have Done CrossFit?

Professional athlete John Stone, owner of CrossFit OWS, wishes he had found CrossFit earlier in his sports career. After playing college football for Wake Forest, he spent five seasons in the NFL, including three years with the Oakland Raiders. He is now a CrossFitter and gym owner in New Jersey.

“I’ve obviously been involved in fitness all my life,” Stone says. But he says CrossFit would have helped him become even more successful.

“If I would have had this when I was playing, I think I would have been a lot more effective athlete, especially efficiency-wise,” he says.

CrossFit has actually increased Stone’s fitness, especially with the Olympic lifts, and the program provides him an outlet to compete again. Nutrition also adds another new dimension to his training.

“The better I eat, the better I perform,” he says.

Stone has been CrossFitting for a year and half but still found himself out of breath after Open workout 11.2. Says Stone: “I should be used to this by now, right? Great thing about CrossFit—your body never adapts.”

6min 46sec

Additional reading: The Marlins Go CrossFit by Paul Fournier, published March 1, 2010.

Moon Bloodgood Kristin Kreuk Molly Sims Monika Kramlik Lacey Chabert

No comments:

Post a Comment