Saturday, May 28, 2011

Forging Elite Fitness � While Pregnant

“Right now, like, I love my life. I do. I am so fortunate and so grateful for everything I have,” says Tanya Wagner.

In this video filmed in January, seven-and-a-half months into her pregnancy, Wagner was still CrossFitting. The 2009 Games champion still has kipping pull-ups and works on keeping her upper-body strength.

“Handstand push-ups and muscle-ups were such a hard thing for me not pregnant, so … that’s something I want to keep up with, and so I’ve been trying to at least do strict pressing,” she says.

When choosing movements safe to perform during pregnancy, Wagner says an expectant mom should listen to her own body. Coming from an elite CrossFit background, Tanya and her husband Josh share a fitness perspective that differs from their obstetrician; however, everyone has the safety of the mother and child at heart, and Wagner wants the very best for her unborn child.

“I want my son to be able to know who he is … and not have to feel like he always had to be a certain way because of me and Josh wanting him to be somebody or because the world wanted him to be a certain way,” Wagner says.

“To let them just kind of have their own wings and fly, I think that’s going to be something I’m going to struggle with, and I’m really going to try my hardest,” Wagner says.

Update: Tanya gave birth to baby boy AJ Rustin on March 18, 2011.

38min 53sec
HD file size: 1.39 GB
SD wmv file size: 483 MB
SD mov file size: 608 MB

Please note: These files are very large. They are long and even the SD versions are higher quality than the normal Journal videos. They are not meant to be watched streamed. Please download the entire file to your hard drive before watching it (right-click and choose Save Link As...).

Additional reading: Working Out for Two by Lauren Joseph, published Aug. 13, 2010.

Minka Kelly Carol Grow Erika Christensen Emilie de Ravin Tara Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment