Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ja’Juan Story tells Florida fans more than they want to know in Q&A

Most freshmen are shy before they arrive on campus and well into their first year.

Their quotes are often one-word answers and sometimes freshmen aren't allowed to speak to the media at all.

On Tuesday, Florida coach Will Muschamp may have wanted to invoke that rule after reading a Q&A with incoming receiver Ja'Juan Story, who described his pregame ritual in graphic detail.

Q: What's your favorite pre-game ritual?

A: Well, I take a doodoo. Before every game I doodoo.

Q: That's your FAVORITE pregame ritual?

A: Well, that's the only thing I do. That's one thing I have to do before every game, or I won't feel energy, and I'll just feel slow. When I do I just feel light on my feet and everything, and I feel faster, so that's what I do.

Q: You know I'm going to write this in a story right?

A: Well, I mean, that's what it is. I doodoo and then listen to Katy Perry.

You've got to admire the kid's candor, yet cringe a little bit. He's being totally honest, which is to be great, but some things are TMI. I'm sure Story isn't the only player who engages in this ritual (sans the Katy Perry), but it will be funny to see how his new teammates mock him for it when he arrives on campus. Will there be a special toilet reserved for him? How about a box of wipes in his locker? Air freshener and a magazine? The possibilities are endless.

While these three questions have become the highlight of the Q&A, Story did have some good things to say about life, challenges he's faced, his mom, of course football, and my favorite, his most embarrassing moment on the field.

Q: What's your most embarrassing moment on the field?

A: I was running, I was gonna score a touchdown and then some kid came behind me and grabbed my pants down, and my pants came down, so it was pretty embarrassing. I think I turned red a little bit. My booty was out, it was pretty embarrassing.

Story, a four-star recruit with 4.4 speed, does have ambitions beyond football. In an earlier interview with InsidetheGators.com, Story said that if he makes it to the NFL, he wants to start a charity that helps underprivileged kids. And other than winning a national championship at Florida, Story's goal is to make the Dean's list.

While Story might develop a filter as he progress through college and deals with hordes of media, it's kind of refreshing (and probably scary for the coaches) to find a young player that's comfortable talking about, well, anything.

Raquel Alessi Marisa Coughlan Shanna Moakler Portia de Rossi Jolene Blalock

No comments:

Post a Comment