Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dot-Com While Deployed

Dan Fuhr recounts years of deployment with one constant: CrossFit main-site workouts.

I turn 35 in January, and I’ve been following CrossFit main-site programming regularly since January 2007. I am also in the Army, and since January 2007 I have been deployed for 28 months. I’ve spent another six months away for training.

Surprisingly, I’m still single.

With the exception of being fortunate enough to spend two months training weekends in Austin’s premier CrossFit facility, CrossFit Austin, with Wes Kimball, Chad Vaughn, Boone Putney, Miguel Garza and Tristy Stephens, I have almost solely been working out on my own, outside a box, following main-site programming while on deployments.

I was introduced to CrossFit and have regularly followed main-site programming even while deployed. I do not think my experiences or results are that unique. I’m just a guy who worked out as hard and as regularly as the situation allowed once I fully embraced CrossFit.

Taryn Manning Nikki Cox Carla Gugino Ana Hickmann Mischa Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment