Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Reebok CrossFit Open in Their Own Words: Week 6

The end of the Reebok CrossFit Games Open has come, bringing our East Coast athletes one final test: Workout 11.6, an escalating seven-minute couplet of thrusters and chest-to-bar pull-ups.

“It’s gone really, really well,” Yosh says. “As far as my expectations on how I’ve been doing so far, I’m very, very proud of myself, to say the least.”

Workout 11.6 was a challenge, but that didn’t stop Pat from trying it three times over the week. He says he focused on pacing.

“Although seven minutes isn’t that long, it’s certainly long enough to get you tired and start to gas you out, and I thought that was going to have a bigger effect than muscle fatigue in the workout,” he explains.

The final scores for 11.6 were 86 reps for Jason, 100 reps for Yosh and 120 reps for Pat.

The athletes express mixed emotions at the end of the Open. Jason says he’s ready to get back to regular CrossFitting, while an ebullient Pat is energized by a strong showing in 11.6.

“I feel like the whole Open has really rewarded the well-rounded and punished the specialized athlete, which I like because I consider myself well-rounded,” says Pat, who is excited to be moving on to regionals.

“It’s been one hell of a ride, to say the least,” Yosh says. “This has been such an awesome experience right from the start.”

Video by Again Faster.

9min 30sec

Additional video: Update on the Open: Week 6.

Veronika Vaeková Eve Brittany Lee Daisy Fuentes Asia Argento

No comments:

Post a Comment