Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Forging Elite Leadership

After surviving SEALFIT’s Kokoro Camp, Greg Amundson outlines a leadership model based on the physical modalities of CrossFit training.

“I’m leaving on a jet plane. Don’t know … .”

Lying on our backs, covered in wet sand, our heads pointing towards the ocean in the middle of the night, a large wave crashed over Tommy Hackenbruck and me, pulling us deeper into the frigid Pacific waters. As soon as we resurfaced, Tommy and I re-locked arms and continued in harmony, “Don’t know when I’ll be back again!”

I was freezing cold, hungry, tired, chafed from sand drills and incredibly sore, and I faced the dark truth that I had over 30 more hours of torment ahead of me. However, as Tommy and I sang our favorite John Denver song at the top of our lungs, there was nowhere I would have rather been than at Kokoro Camp No. 12.

Maggie Grace Luján Fernández Charli Baltimore Denise Richards Jennifer Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment