Monday, June 13, 2011

No More Fat Guy: A Story of Hard Work

John Daly of CrossFit BTB in Atlanta, Ga., has come a long way to compete in the Reebok CrossFit Games Open.

Two-and-a-half years ago he was 260 lb. He’s now 60 lb. lighter, and Daly says CrossFit has “really done a lot to improve my life.”

But it didn’t happen overnight. Daly says he was at first very intimidated by CrossFit.

“The first day I walked into the gym, everyone was doing the CrossFit Total,” he says. “The first thing that went into my mind after I walked in the door was I was going to turn around.”

After his first taste of two rounds of Cindy, Daly was sold. The weight gradually came off through lifestyle and diet changes that CrossFit spurred. For his diet, he made incremental adjustments.

“It was a progressive move. I didn’t give up everything all at once, so I think that’s why I was a little bit more successful,” he says.

According to Daly, a combination of Paleo-Zone works best for him, and he attributes his overall success to CrossFit.

“It basically changed my life in so many different ways,” he says.

10min 36sec

Additional reading: By the Numbers by Amy Santamaria and Tim Retzik, published Sept. 29, 2010.

Asia Argento Charisma Carpenter Hilarie Burton Kelly Carlson Sara Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment