Sunday, July 17, 2011

CrossFit Blaze: We Burn It Down

“I found CrossFit through lifestyle being horrible, starting to want to lose weight, get in better shape,” says Jason Anderson, the co-owner of CrossFit Blaze in Naples, Fla. He says he started with bodybuilding and didn’t see much change in body composition until he altered his food intake. Then, Anderson found CrossFit. He looked into the program, watched the videos and was immediately hooked.

“All of a sudden, it just came natural to me. It really felt like what I was, what we were doing, was right,” Anderson says.

Coming from a poor health background has given Anderson a unique perspective as a fitness coach.

“My journey also helped me help others with their journey,” he says.

CrossFit Blaze has grown through the support of its community members.

“I’ve tried to stay as true to the CrossFit methodology as I can because I believe in that organic growth,” he says. “Especially in a smaller town, that organic growth just happens because the word of mouth is so much smaller than a town like Miami, like Las Vegas, like L.A.”

Anderson’s advice to others thinking of opening their own affiliate is this: “Don’t do it alone because it won’t work.” He believes teamwork is key to managing all the facets of a burgeoning business.

10min 33sec

Additional reading: The Story Behind the Success by Jeremy Thiel, published Sept. 27, 2009.

Monica Bellucci Minki van der Westhuizen Katharine Towne Malia Jones Jennifer ODell

No comments:

Post a Comment