Saturday, February 26, 2011

Training Quality Trainers

John Pak talks about some of the ways instructors at Level 1 seminars produce quality CrossFit coaches.

Time literally flies in the 16 hours of the Level 1 seminar. It’s not so much because you’re passionate about what you’re learning and why you’re learning it. It’s because of how you’re learning it. It’s quality instructors teaching quality information.

I’m not a professional writer and don’t own a box, nor do I work for CrossFit. I’m just a CrossFitter who went to learn how to train others. I started doing CrossFit at CrossFit RX’D in Placentia, Calif., and got the urge to make it a larger part of my life. I decided to go to the Level 1 seminar held in Las Vegas, Nev., on May 8 and 9, 2010.

The instructors were superb: Stephane Rochet (lead instructor), Heather Bergeron, Matt Chan, Mike Giardina, Eric O’Connor and Chris Spealler. These trainers were really passionate about what they were teaching and emphasized proper form, which is how you become better. Through that, I saw others around me itching to be better. We all know that itch—the one that moves us to become better, stronger, faster and ultimately fitter.

Connie Nielsen Melissa George Cameron Richardson Chandra West Kasey Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment